Saturday, September 29, 2018

Weekend Round-Up: Calling Ball Games, Scaling Mountains, And Remembering Good Design

Get In Bed With Skynet – The New York Times

Traveling the world as an artist for a good part of my 20s, I’ve learned the value of living and working in small spaces. A futon for me would serve as a sofa, a bed, and a desk to lay my canvases on as I worked. Now that I’m in my mid 30s, I’m not about that life; I’m all for comfort and appreciation of key pieces of furniture. This article explores what could have appealed to my younger self – robot operated, modular style furniture systems that disappear smoothly into the valuable unused spaces of one’s living quarters. It sounds cool, I could see how it applies to living in tight urban spaces or even if whole buildings came prefabbed with this technology. I would just be way to scared knowing my bed was above my head. 

– David Aujero, Digital Producer



from Best Watches For Men https://ift.tt/2DHbc1y